Hulme Patent Advertising Match Co
The Hulme Patent Advertising Match Co Ltd of Irlam, Manchester
- Makers of matches and wooden fruit boxes
- The factory was located adjacent to Liverpool Road and to Irlam railway station, occupying a small triangular area between Royles and the railway lines. A rail connection served the works' yard, where a Scotch derrick was installed for unloading logs.
- The factory was established in 1895, and was said to have produced the first non-poisonous matches in England. They became the British Basket and Besto Co Ltd. 
- James Roy Hulme became Managing Director and Vice Chairman in 1920. From 1926 to 1970 he was Managing Director and Vice Chairman of the British Basket and Besto Co Ltd.
Sources of Information
- The Archive Photographs Series 'Irlam and Cadishead' compiled by Marion Beeston and Irlam and Cadishead Local History Society,published by Chalford's in 1997