Irish North Western Railway
Irish North Western Railway (INWR) was a railway company based in Ireland. It was incorporated in 1862 and in 1876 merged to become part of the Great Northern Railway (Ireland).
The INWR was incorporated in 1862 by the merger of the Dundalk and Enniskillen Railway with the Londonderry and Enniskillen Railway, and operated from Dundalk and Portadown via Enniskillen and Omagh to Derry.
The INWR linked up with the rail line from Dundalk to a new port at Greenore, run by the Dundalk, Newry and Greenore Railway and the operation started in 1873.
In 1876 a further line was opened by the DNGR to Newry.
In 1876 the INWR merged with the Northern Railway of Ireland and the Ulster Railway to form the Great Northern Railway (Ireland). At the time of the merger it comprised a railway from Dundalk to Enniskillen, a line from Enniskillen to Derry worked under lease, and a line from Clones to Cavan.
Sources of Information
-  Wikipedia