J. H. Sankey and Son
of Essex Wharf, Canning Town, London, E and The Hill, Ilford, Essex.
of Refractories Works, Ilford
1857 Company established.
1894 Issued catalogue of Sanitary Stoneware, Pipes, Gulleys, Traps etc. 
1914 Merchants and exporters of best English Portland cement, lime, slates, bricks, firegoods etc. Specialities: cement, lime, bricks, slates, tiles, sanitary and fireclay goods. 
1949 Advert Sankey's Pyruma Plastic Cement.
By 1965 was a subsidiary of Sisalkraft Holdings which was owned by the St Regis Paper Co (U.S.A.). Formed a joint venture with the National Coal Board to carry on the business of suppliers of solid fuel appliances, central heating equipment distributors and builders' merchants.
1962 the business of Sisalkraft Holdings was acquired by Sankey, making Sankley 70 percent owned by St Regis Paper Co (U.S.A.)