J. Stewart and Son
of 88, George Street, Edinburgh.
1914 Tailors and Clothiers. Established in the beginning of the last century by William Fraser, Tailor to the King. The business afterwards became Fraser & Anderson, and was acquired in 1864 by William Purves & Son. In 1875 the business was made over to John Stewart, the present senior partner. Present Principals: John Stewart, J.P., Rollo D. Stewart (the latter since 1896).