Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,478 pages of information and 233,901 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
J. and C. Stirling of Hamilton, Lanarkshire built cars from 1897-1903.
Owned by John Stirling
1862 Company commenced trading.
This Scottish coachbuilder built their own bodies and used Daimler and Panhard engines and chassis on their early models. They also imported Clement-Panhard and sold them as Stirling-Panhard or Clement-Stirling.
1897 February. Detailed article on their motor carriage trial.
1897 Acquired by the newly formed Stirling's Motor Carriages
In 1902 the Company was located in the former Kingsburgh's premises in Granton, Edinburgh, where they concentrated on lorries and buses.