John Coulthard and Son
John Coulthard and Son (1835-1865) of Quarry Field Works, Gateshead
1835 Commenced the building of locomotives and produced around twenty up to 1865.
1853 The name became R. Coulthard and Co.
1865 Ralph Coultard retired and the works were taken over by Black, Hawthorn and Co.
Sources of Information
- British Steam Locomotive Builders by James W. Lowe. Published in 1975. ISBN 0-905100-816