Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,159 pages of information and 233,681 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
1716 Dr John Lane moved his operations from Neath Abbey to Landore where he founded the first Swansea Copper Works.
1726 Lane became bankrupt; Robert Morris took over the works as receiver until he eventually secured sufficient capital to buy the works in 1727.
1728 Morris became a partner, as Lockwood, Morris and Co
There is some evidence that this works was still working in 1741.
1748 The works at Llangyfelach ceased to operate and were moved further up the valley to Fforest.
1875 Was part of Williams, Foster and Co