1860 The company was incorporated.
1883 "...This railway, nineteen miles in length, connecting Letterkenny with the city of Londonderry, was opened for public traffic on Saturday, 30th June. The works were commenced as far back as the year 1864, but, owing to financial difficulties, were abandoned in 1865. In 1880 an Act authorising the reduction of gauge to 3ft. was obtained, under which the railway has now been completed..." Read More.
Sources of Information
- The Stock Exchange Year Book 1908