Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,162 pages of information and 233,682 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Lintz Colliery of Durham.
1855 Opened by McLean and Prior.
1869 Comprised of an area of 660 acres and estimated to contain 1825 acres of unworked coal. This together with the colliery plant, agents' and workmen's houses, stables, fire-brick works, 158 coke ovens and all other erections and buildings was put up for auction in December 1869 by the liquidators of the company.
The works were connected with the Blaydon and Consett Branch of the North Eastern Railway.
Mr George Henry Gooch was resident agent.