Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 143,912 pages of information and 230,121 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
1899 The company was registered on 10 June. 
Littleton Colliery was a deep coal mine situated two miles north of Cannock on the A34 in the village of Huntington. The colliery closed on 3 December 1993 and was the last working coal mine on the Cannock Chase Coalfield.
The mine was named after Baron Hatherton who had assumed the surname Littleton in 1812. First workings at the mine however were conducted by the Cannock and Huntingdon Colliery Company in 1877. Upon sinking the first "No. 1" shaft they had encounter water at a depth on 438 ft (133 metres) and the shaft became flooded. Lord Hatherton who owned the land on which the colliery was constructed sunk the "No. 2" shaft in 1899 which was completed to a depth of 1,622 ft (494 metres).
The colliery closed in 1994 following the overturning of a retrieval granted a year earlier. The colliery has now been completely demolished and the old site is shared between Littleton Green Community School and a housing development. The former spoil tip has been redeveloped into what is now known as Littleton Leisure Park and is an area for both walkers and wildlife.