Liver Alkali Works, chemical manufacturers, of Lightbody Street, Widnes
- 1876 Mr Thomas Stead, managing director of Liver Alkali Works, died after mistakenly drinking carbolic acid.
- 1884 Liver Alkali Co Ltd was registered as a public joint stock company as a reconstruction of the Liver Alkali Works Company which was in voluntary liquidation.
- 1888 Mr T Robinson, who was a director of the company as well as of the Atlas Chemical Co was to be a director of the British Patent Portland Cement Co Ltd which was being formed to purchase the rights to a new type of Portland cement made from caustic lime mud to the patent of Mr John S. Rigby and build works at Widnes and St. Helens.
- 1891 Incorporated in United Alkali Co together with other Leblanc process operators.
Sources of Information
- ↑ Liverpool Mercury, 12 June 12 1876
- ↑ The Morning Post, 25 August 1884
- ↑ Birmingham Daily Post, 28 September 1888
- ↑ Liverpool Mercury, 28 September 1888