Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,386 pages of information and 233,857 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
The first pier, constructed by the St George’s Barbour and Railway Company in 1858, was badly damaged by a severe storm on 25th October 1859. It was repaired and lasted a further 16 years, but was too short for practical use by steamships. The Llandudno Pier Company decided to construct a longer pier, using iron castings from Walter Macfarlane and Co. The design was by Charles Henry Driver in conjunction with James Brunlees, engineer.