Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 146,759 pages of information and 232,400 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Longbottom and Co of Lawkholme Lane, Keighley.
Clips and brackets.
1926 Formed when the company Longbottom and Farrar Ltd. split.
1927 Hiram Herbert Longbottom set up Longbottom & Co in 1927 in Lawkholme Lane, Keighley.
Longbottom & Co. was founded by Herbert Longbottom in 1927 with premises in Lawkholme Lane, Keighley. When Herbert died suddenly in 1936 his wife, Margaret Longbottom, 'rolled up her sleeves' and took over running the business. Her son, Derek, was 13 years old at the time and joined the firm in 1937. During WW2 they had contracts with the War Department making gas mask fittings, clips and fasteners for parachute equipment and other metal stampings.
Margaret Longbottom ran the business until 1946 when she handed the firm over to her son. In 1950 the firm moved into premises at Dalton Mill, Dalton Lane, Keighley and in 1951 merged with Apex Metals to form Longbottom and Co (Keighley) Ltd. Apex metals were a small metal stamping company - proprietors Philip Tyas and Sam Mawer. 
The limited company - Longbottom and Co (Keighley) Ltd - was formed in 1951 when Longbottom & Co moved from lawkholme Lane to Dalton Mill, Keighley and merged with Apex Metals. The directors were Derek Longbottom, Maggie Longbottom, Philip Tyas and Sam Mawer. The company produced pipe clips, saddles, earth clips etc for the plumbing and electrical trade and exported World wide.