Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,478 pages of information and 233,901 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
1890s company opened
1915 Private company.
It became one of the largest UK manufacturers of gas controls employing a workforce of c.500.
The company became part of the Radiation Group of Companies.
Subsequently the company moved to Thimblemill Road, Aston and was known as Radiation Gas Controls and Radiation Fires Ltd.
1961 Precision engineers and specialists in gas control apparatus. 450 employees. 
1967 The Radiation Group was bought by Tube Investments and the company became known as TI Gas Controls Ltd.
1979 TI sold the company to Peerless Stampings Ltd which had been the largest supplier of brass forgings to Howletts. The business was moved to Peerless's site at Priory Road, Aston.
1985 the management team purchased the company, renaming it Peerless Gas Controls and relocating to Prichett Street, Aston. Besides the production of traditional brass-based controls, the company designed and manufactured aluminium push-button valves and aluminium solenoid bodies.
Early 1990s Peerless Gas Controls moved to Tower Street, Newtown where a sister company was located.
2001 Ownership changed; in order to expand, Peerless moved again to a larger factory in Bagillt Flintshire.