Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,478 pages of information and 233,901 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
1875 The copartnership of Macleay, Dale and Company, wine merchants, was dissolved with effect from 31st December 1874 and thereafter the business traded as Macleay, Duff and Company from 122 St Vincent Street.
1933 The sole partners, James Duff, Miss Nelly Duff and Miss Moira Duff resolved to discontinue and wind up the business of Macleay, Duff and Company and at the same time the other firms under which they traded, David Campbell and Son, John Douglas and Company, John Laird and Company, Donald Bain and Company, David Carnegie and Company and John Drummond and Company.
1934 Macleay Duff (Distillers) Limited, of 64 Waterloo Street, Glasgow was incorporated as a private company, with capital of £100, to take over from Benmore Distilleries Limited, the goodwill of Macleay Duff and Co, distillers and blenders, Glasgow. The subscribers were James John Ainslie and William Niven Ballantyne.
1980. Part of Distillers Co
1991 The company, which was by this time dormant, went into voluntary liquidation.