Adshead's 1850 maps show Brignall's Dye Works occupying two adjacent sites in central Manchester. The larger site took up most of a block bounded by Bootle Street, South Street, and by narrow lanes called The Mount and South Sea(!). On the opposite side of South Street was the Friends' Meeting House, immediately north of which was Brignall's other dye works. This backed onto Sandbach's tannery.
Sources of Information
- Manchester Courier and Lancashire General Advertiser, 11 December 1830