Nash Engineering Co
1905 The Nash Engineering Company was founded by Lewis H. Nash in Norwalk, Connecticut, U.S.A as a manufacturer of liquid ring vacuum pumps.
During the early years developed vacuum steam heating systems and vacuum sewage collection systems for many growing cities.
Nash pumps were also developed and applied in the manufacture of pulp and paper.
From the 1920s until 1960s, Irving Callender Jennings, of Norwalk, patented many improvements in gas and liquid pumps, including improvements to the Nash pump, some of which he assigned to the company.
During the mid-20th century, the company expanded into industrial markets such as paper, power, petrochemical, general industrial, and food markets.
1920s UK agents were Norman Engineering Co in Cannon Street, London
1931 UK branch - Nash Engineering Company (Great Britain) Ltd - established in Croydon.
1930s Pumps distributed in UK by Norman Engineering Co (see advert)
1969 UK branch headquarters transferred from Croydon to Winsford, Cheshire.
1986 Acquired Kinema
2000 Siemens spun off its liquid ring pumps & compressor business - elmo vacuum technology.
2002 Nash Engineering merged with elmo Vacuum Technology, which brought together both liquid ring vacuum pump technologies to become the world's largest manufacturer of liquid ring pumps and compressors, Nash elmo.
2004 The Gardner Denver Co acquired Nash_elmo which formed Gardner Denver's Nash Division.
2012 Hoffman & Lamson became part of the Nash Division.
2014 Gardner Denver acquired Garo which became part of the Nash Division.
Sources of Information
-  enacademic.com - Nash Engineering Company
-  Gardner Denver website