New Junction Canal
This canal in South Yorkshire was commisioned in 1891 and opened in 1905. It connected the Aire and Calder Navigation to the Sheffield and South Yorkshire Navigation near Stainforth. It was funded by the Aire and Calder, with the Don Navigation eventually meeting half the cost.
It is completely straight, and was the last canal built in England for commercial purposes.
It has 1 lock, 5 swing or lift bridges and is carried across 2 aqueducts.