Nine Elms Depot
Nine Elms is a district of London, situated in the far north-eastern corner of the London Borough of Wandsworth between Battersea and Vauxhall.
Nine Elms was formerly the London terminus of the London and South Western Railway opened on 21st May 1838 as the terminus of the London and Southampton Railway. The neo-classical building was designed by Sir William Tite. The station was connected to points between Vauxhall and London Bridge by Thames steam boats.
In 1848 Waterloo station opened and became the London terminus.
The area adjacent to Nine Elms station became the company's main locomotive works, Nine Elms Works, until their relocation to Eastleigh in 1909. The company's largest locomotive depot was located on the south side of the main line - Nine Elms Depot.
Sources of Information
-  Wikipedia