1844 Parliament authorised the Eastern Counties Railway to extend to Cambridge and to Brandon in Norfolk where an end-on connection would offer a through route to Norwich. This route opened on 29 July 1845.
The Norfolk Railway also leased the Lowestoft Railway and Harbour Co, and built a branch line to Dereham and Fakenham, opening in 1846 and 1849 respectively.
Other short lengths opened soon afterwards:
- March-Wisbech, May 1847
- Cambridge-St. Ives, August 1847
- St. Ives-March, March 1848.
1848 The Eastern Counties Railway took over operation of the line.
1862 Amalgamated with others to form the Great Eastern Railway.
Sources of Information
-  Wikipedia