Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,535 pages of information and 233,960 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
of Upper Grove Street, Leamington Spa
Produced the D-Type motor for stationary applications. Some of these were sold under the "Bungalyte" name and also through Arthur Lyon and Co.
1923 The partnership between J. A. Watts and E. J. H. Norman, trading as Norman Engineering Co of London and New Cross, was dissolved
1925 Offered the Jennings-Hytor vacuum pump
1926/7 Introduced the S Type (169cc) to succeed the D Type. Production continued until 1939 when 750 had been built.
By 1931 the company was in Leamington Spa
1932 Introduced the T300 engine to power a 1,500 Watt generator for Marconi. The Mk1 was rated at 2.75 hp and carried the prefix TE. It was produced until 1945.
1935 Introduced the SC Type engine and continued until 1958 when 8,100 had been built
1936 Company moved to Miller's Road, Warwick
1937 General aircraft engineers. "Norman" Petrol Engines. "Norman-Lyon" Generating Sets. "Northern" Rotary Pumps. "Westco" Turbine Pumps. 
1939 See Aircraft Industry Suppliers
1945 The T300 Mk2 engine introduced and carried the TA prefix. A large number were bought by Auto Diesels for charging and lighting sets. Production ended in 1967/8 when 7,600 units had been built.
1945 Introduced the T600 Mk1 rated at 6 bhp at 1,800 rpm and carried the TL prefix. A total of 4,300 were built
By 1960 Presumably the name had been changed to Norman Industrial and Marine Engine Company and the company had been acquired by Frederick Braby and Co
1964 Company removed from the register of companies
1968 The company was absorbed in to the Auto Diesels Braby Group