1905 William Pigott, Senior founded Seattle Car Manufacturing Co. to produce railway and logging equipment.
Merged with Twohy Brothers of Portland to become Pacific Car and Foundry Company
1924 William Pigott sold control of the Company to American Car and Foundry Company.
1934 Paul Pigott, son of the founder, acquired a major interest in the Company from American Car in 1934.
1945 The Company entered the heavy-duty truck market with its first major acquisition, Kenworth Motor Truck Company of Seattle.
1958 Pacific Car and Foundry greatly expanded its heavy-duty truck capability with the purchase of Peterbilt Motors Company. Also acquired Dart Truck Company, maker of mining vehicles.
1960 First step to becoming an international truck manufacturer with Mexican operation
1966 Entered the Australian truck market.
1967 the Dynacraft division was formed to provide belts, hoses, adapters, and other accessories for Kenworth and Peterbilt truck plants.
1971 Changed name to PACCAR Inc.
1980 Acquired Foden
1987 PACCAR acquired Washington-based Al's Auto Supply, an aftermarket retailer and wholesale distributor of auto parts and accessories.
1988 Purchased Grand Auto, Inc., a California-based retailer of auto parts and accessories.
1999 PACCAR Automotive was sold to CSK Auto, Inc.
1996 Acquired DAF Trucks N.V.
1998 Acquired Leyland Trucks
2013 New factory opened in Brazil
Sources of Information
-  Website