Painton and Company, electronic components manufacturer, of Northampton
1935 Company founded by P. R. Painton; incorporated as a private company.
1962 Became a public company; public issue of shares was heavily oversubscribed.
1965 Acquired Electroprints Ltd of Portsmouth, makers of printed circuit boards and flexible printed wiring, and Elcom (Northampton) Ltd, makers of electric and electronic components.
1969 Electronic components supplier to telecomms industry, also involved in control systems, instrumentation and airborne navigation aids. Subsidiaries were:
- Elcom (Northampton) Ltd - supplier of high grade audio equipment to TV, film and recording companies.
- Electroprints Ltd - flexible printed wiring
Sources of Information
- The Times, 10 December 1962
- The Times, 15 December 1962
- The Times, 6 September 1965
- The Times, 7 May 1969
- The Times, 11 September 1969
- Plessey History