Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,151 pages of information and 233,681 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
of Abersychan, Mon.
1864 Partridge, Jones and Co began trading at Varteg Works and Colliery with William Bailey Partridge, Edward Jones, Charles Herbert and William T. Henley, as co-directors.
By 1874 the company was proprietor of Pontnewynydd Iron Works, Golynos Works, works at Abersychan and the Plasycoed and Cwmserchan Collieries.
1874 Registered as Limited company on 30 April, to acquire a business of ironmasters and coalmasters. 
1887 Took over the assets of the Pontypool Iron and Tinplate Co
1910 Installed an engine from Hick, Hargreaves and Co.
1920 Amalgamation of John Paton's interests with those of Partridge, Jones and Co Ltd to form Partridge, Jones and John Paton; the new company also included Crumlin Valley Collieries Ltd., Pontnewynydd Sheet and Galvanising Co Ltd., Pontypool Works Ltd., Caerleon Works Ltd., Monmouthshire Steel and Tinplate Co. Ltd., Henry White and Co Ltd., and the Waterloo Tinplate Co, Ltd.