Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 147,192 pages of information and 233,429 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
of Tyseley, Birmingham.
1897 Public company: Perry and Co Ltd was registered on 14 May.
1945 Name changed. Perry and Co transferred its chain making and cycle coaster hub business to a subsidiary, Perry Chain Co Ltd. The pen business was continued by Perry and Co (Pens) Ltd, while Perry and Co (Holdings) Ltd became the main parent company, with financial control of the whole Perry group.
1954 58th Annual general meeting; chairman A. E. Wiley; J. B Bayliss presided over the meeting. Subsidiary companies were the cycle component makers Perry Chain Co, Bayliss, Wiley and Co Ltd, as well as Perry and Co (Pens) Ltd. Lancaster St site had been sold and a new factory in Tyseley was nearing completion.
1959 Following the merger with Renold Chains, the subsidiaries in Belgium and Canada were closed, although the subsidiary in America remained in existence, changing its name to Renold Perry Inc., in 1964.
1959 Name changed. The main Perry concerns were undertaken by a new company Perry Engineering Ltd.
1961 Manufacturers of pens, inks, rubber bands; free wheels, hubs, axles; stationers' sundries and stamped and pressed metal wares. 
1965 Voluntary liquidation, once the others concerns were fully integrated with Renold Chains Ltd