Pinder, Bourne and Co, earthenware manufacturer, of Nile Street, Burslem, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffs
1848 Thomas Pinder started in business as an earthenware manufacturer at the Swan Bank Works, Burslem, Stoke-on-Trent
1851 Became Pinder, Bourne and Hope, earthenware manufacturer at Fountain Place, Burslem
1860 Moved to Nile Street, Burslem, Stoke-on-Trent
c.1862 Pinder, Bourne and Co, manufacturers of earthenware.
1877 Henry Doulton was approached by Shadford Pinder, a potter from Burslem, proposing he become a partner in the firm of Pinder, Bourne and Co for an outlay of £12,000 but the money was unwisely spent and differences of opinion caused such a rift between the two concerns that only arbitration could resolve the matter.
Pinder retired from the business.
1882 the name was changed to Doulton and Co. John Slater was art director at Pinder Bourne; having travelled around the European potteries, convinced Doulton to produce china as well as earthenware.