Pneumatic Tyre and Booths Cycle Agency
c. 1873 Booth's Cycle Agency was set up by the Booth Brothers, cycle and agricultural implement agents, managed by John Griffiths .
1889 Prospectus explained that the Company had been formed to take over the British and Irish interest of John Boyd Dunlop in the patent for an improvement in tyres of wheels for bicycles, tricycles, and other road cars and his interest in certain inventions, also the cycle business of Messrs. Booth Brothers, Dublin, and of the cycle works of Messrs. Edlin and Co, Belfast .
They started manufacture in Lincoln Place, Dublin but because of complaints about fumes they moved the business to Coventry .
1893 Company name changed to the Pneumatic Tyre Co