Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,103 pages of information and 233,633 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
of Port Talbot
1897/9 Company incorporated as a limited liability company, Port Talbot Graving Dock and Shipbuilding Co Ltd.
1903 The company was made public keeping the same name. It had the sole right of providing dry dock accommodation at Port Talbort, West Galmorgan.
1937 Name changed to Port Talbot Dry Dock Co Ltd
1943 The company was taken over by the Prince of Wales Dry Dock Co Swansea and continued to trade as its subsidiary until closure in 1970
1961 Dry dock owners and ship repairers, having sole right to provide dry dock facilities at Port Talbot.