Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 146,838 pages of information and 232,610 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
The Adamson was an English car manufactured in Enfield, Middlesex, from 1912 to 1925. It designed by haulage contractor Reginald Barton Adamson.
The first car of 1912 was a small bull-nosed cyclecar and had a 1,078 cc 9 hp twin cylinder or 1,074 cc four cylinder engine made by Alpha of Coventry driving the rear wheels via a three speed gearbox and belts.
1913-1917 For a list of the models and prices see the 1917 Red Book
1916 October. Details of new light 1,495cc car.
After the war the engine changed to a four cylinder of 149 cc and in 1920 to 1327 cc. In 1920 they cost £375 falling to £210 in 1924.
The final cars from 1923 were the "Twin-Cars" which were effectively two sidecars side by side with the driver in the off-side one and powered by an air cooled 9 hp 1078 cc twin-cylinder Anzani engine with chain drive.
Production numbers are not known.