Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 147,179 pages of information and 233,417 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
of 20 Eastcheap, Thames House, and warehouse in Southwark
Chemical and Drugs merchants and importers including white lead and titanium oxide, acetone, organic acids, quinine.
1881 Company formed.
1890 Partnership dissolved between R. W. Greeff and A. Greeff of Mincing Lane.
1892 R. W. Greeff took into partnership G. T. Augspurg who had previously carried on business at 34 Great Tower Street.
1897 Moved to 20 Eastcheap.
1915 R. W. Greeff was a signatory of a group of naturalised persons opposed to the German war methods who expressed their loyalty to their adopted country.
1920 Converted into a limited company R. W. Greeff and Co
1936 As a result of the sale by the trustees and executors of the founder, Greeff-Chemicals Holdings was incorporated to acquire the share capital of R. W. Greeff and Co which also had minority interests in several companies; public issue of shares.
1975 Following the take-over of Chemical Securities by Greeff-Chemicals Holdings, the name of the group was changed to: Federated Chemical Holdings. R. W. Greeff was part of this group. Acquired 74% of Clonmel Holdings and 70% of K and K Holdings of the Netherlands (which seems to be Kingsley and Keith group). Disposed of shares in 3M UK and Croda International. Policy to be active in trading as well as investments.