Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 147,192 pages of information and 233,429 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
of London Street, London
1902 with the decline of Thames shipbuilding, R. & H. Green became part of the well-known ship repairing partnership, R. and H. Green and Silley Weir. The Blackwall yard remained in use, with a major graving dock but the main site was at the Royal Albert Dry Docks.
1918 R. H. Green and Silley Weir took over Cox and Co of Falmouth
1960s Green and Silley Weir still had 8,000 employees in the 1960s.
1961 Dry dock proprietors, ship, boiler and marine engine repairers and tanker cleaning. 3,000 employees.
1977 Sold to become part of the Government-owned River Thames Shiprepairers
1980 Finally closed