RNAS Longside is a former Royal Naval Air Service airship station located 3.2 miles (5.1 km) south of Longside, Aberdeenshire and 3.7 miles (6.0 km) north of Hatton, Aberdeenshire, Scotland. It was constructed in 1915 and was operational from 1916 until 1920 when the extensive buildings were demolished. It is sometimes referred to as RNAS Lenabo particularly by locals who termed the airships 'Lenobo Soo' a reference to the name of the area combined with the local dialect for a pig. It was the most northerly air ship station in mainland Britain. The air ships also used a small mooring site near Montrose in bad weather. The remit was to patrol the shipping lanes in the North Sea and the north east coast
Four airships could be accommodated in the biggest shed while one or two could be housed in the smaller hangars.
There were 1500 personnel based at the station and the facilities included a swimming pool, shops, a theatre and Church. There was also a gas works within the site