1937 Radiospares was founded in London by Johann Herbert Waring (formerly Johann Weinberger) and Paul Martin Sebestyen, supplying components to the radio receiver industry. Each invested £50 to start the business. There was third partner - Waring's brother - but he left after a few months.
Started in a lock up garage in Lanark Villas, Maida Vale, and moved to slightly larger, but more antiquated, premises in Birchington Road in nearby Kilburn
1939 Employing had eight representatives covering the Home Counties
1947 Established an export link with the newly-founded Radionics in Dublin
1954 The product range was expanded beyond radio and television spares
Bought Reading Windings but this was not successful and was later closed.
Offices in Maiden Street (Warren Street) and also at Epworth Street, Shoreditch
1967 Floated on the London Stock Exchange as Electrocomponents
1971 Sebestyen retires
1971 Changed its name to RS Components