of Castlefield Road, Reigate
1946 Acquired the Timsbury Tile Co, at Chipping Sodbury in Gloucestershire, Romsey, Hants. and Runfold in Surrey.
1948 Acquired factory at Stockton-on-Tees
1950-75 Acquired several other companies (makers of roof tiles) as well as opened new factories.
1968 New factory opened at Wigan to produce 13 million tiles a year. Plant built by Redland Engineering
1976 Redland Tiles Ltd was renamed Redland Roof Tiles Ltd
Sources of Information
- The Times Apr 29, 1963