Research and Control Instruments
of Nightingale Lane, London SW.
of Kings Cross Road, London.
1935 Private company formed as Radio Transmission Equipment Ltd.
1943 Presented microphone and amplifier to South London Hospital for Women.
1947 Name changed.
1961 Scientific equipment, instruments, welding supplies, filtration, equipment and high frequency generators. 195 employees. 
By 1962 was a subsidiary of Philips Electrical.
Made X-ray machine for testing of metals
1962 Joint venture of Research and Control Instruments with Redifon of the Rediffusion group, pooling the 2 companies' induction and dielectric heating businesses; to be called Intertherm; based in Brixton.
1966 Research and Control Instruments was voluntarily wound up
Sources of Information
- The Times, Dec 24, 1943
- The Times, Oct 07, 1959
- The Times, Jun 25, 1960
- 1961 Dun and Bradstreet KBE
- The Times, Jul 23, 1971
- The Times, Jun 28, 1962
- The London Gazette 15 April 1966
- The Times, Jul 05, 1967