Road Experimental Station
1930 The Ministry of Transport established the Road Experimental Station at Harmondsworth
1933 the station was transferred to the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research which had assumed responsibility from the Roads Department of the Ministry of Transport for the direction and supervision of road research.
A Road Research Board was appointed for the purpose of advising generally on the conduct of road research by the department, in particular to prepare and submit an initial programme of research and thereafter annually a programme of work.
Renamed the Road Research Laboratory.
Sources of Information
- National Archives