Robinsons and Russell
of Millwall Works
1847 Henry Robinson, Alfred Robinson (sic) and Richard Robinson had taken over the Millwall shipyard given up in 1844 by Fairbairn. The Robinsons invited John Scott Russell to join them in a shipbuilding venture.
1847 Listed as Robinson and Russell, Marine Engineers, Millwall, Poplar
1849 Henry Oliver Robinson left the partnership with Albert Robinson, and John Scott Russell, carrying on business at Millwall, as Engineers and Iron Steam-vessel Builders, under the firm of Robinsons and Russell
1851 Award at the 1851 Great Exhibition. See details at 1851 Great Exhibition: Reports of the Juries: Class VI.
Manufacturers of Colonial Sugar Machinery.
Sources of Information
- 'John Scott Russell' by George S. Emmerson, 1977, John Murray
- London Gazette 17 April 1849