Rombouts is a brand of coffee owned by Premier Foods until 2007.
- 1896 Frans Rombouts, of Antwerp, rented a roasting cylinder and began to roast his own coffee.
- 1956 The company invented the individual coffee filter for the Brussels World Exhibition. Rombouts was the creator of pre-measured coffee.
- 1964 The company began marketing their individual coffee filters.
- 1965 Rombouts was introduced into the UK. Koffie F Rombouts was introduced to the UK.
- 1966 Rombouts was granted the title of Certified Royal Warrant Holder of Belgium.
- 1968 Hugo Rombouts approached Malongo coffees to expand the company.
- 1980 The company launched its “Pure Origins” tins.
- 1995 Rombouts launched its 1,2,3 Spresso pod system.
- 2007 Rombouts remains a family company. In October 2007, Koffie F Rombouts bought back the UK Out of Home business from Premier Foods. Rombouts Coffee GB Ltd is now 100% owned by the Rombouts family.
Sources of Information