Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,155 pages of information and 233,681 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Captain Ronald A. Scott, F.R.H.S., F.Z.S., of Ronald A. Scott and Co
c.1857 Born in Woodhall Spa, Northants, son of Montague Scott, solicitor
1881 A traveller, when he married Annie Elizabeth Rose Farquharson in Fulham
1885 Became an associate member of IEE
He was a government contractor; had installed electric light in the Admiralty; 4 of his inventions had been taken up by the government.
1890 Member of IEE, of Acton Hill, London W
1891 Ronald A Scott 33, electrical engineer, lived in Acton with Annie E P Scott 35, John R F Scott 5
1891 A gentleman, living in Acton, at the birth of his son Montagu Douglas Farquharson Scott
1892 Captain in the 4th (West London) Regiment
1902 An electrical engineer living in Putney when he joined the Strand Lodge of the Freemasons
1913 Died in Richmond
One of the IEE's Victorian members, Captain Ronald Augustus Scott, and the company that he owned: the Acton Electric Light and General Engineering Works. Scott's work during the latter years of the 19th century was at the forefront of technology in supplying arc searchlights, generators and switchboards for military and naval use. He later diversified into the novel field of the projection of advertisements onto the sides of buildings, a concept that has again been in the news in recent times. Unfortunately, he became insolvent and his business collapsed.