formerly F. Rosher and Co
1895 Shares Prospectus
'A Sound Commercial Investment embracing a Home Industry established in London for over Two Hundred Years. ROSHER & CO....
- A. LOVE (Chairman of Rossendale Valleys Tramrways ?? Chairman
- DANIEL T. POWELL (of J. M. Powell and Son), 33A, Ludgate-hill, E.C.
- J. H. SHAW, AMICE, Sandford Pottery, Wareham, Dorset.
- F. H. ROSHER and F. E. ROSHER, Joint Managing Directors, Old Jamaica Wharf, Blackfriars, S.E.....
This company has been formed for the purpose of acquiring, as a going concern, the business of F. Rosher and Co. (Limited), cement, brick, and sanitary ware merchants, and manufacturers of horticultural buildings and appliances, and in conjunction therewith the following freehold and leasehold properties:-
- The Sandiford Pottery Company, Wareham, Dorset, manufacturers of stoneware sanitary appliances (Leasehold 17 years from Michaelmas last).
- The Midland Sanitary Pipe Company, Polesworth, Warwickshire, manufacturers of Sanitary appliances (of which a lease for 21 years from Christmas, 1895, is in the course of completion).
- New Brickfields, Haddenham, Cambridgeshire, manufacturers of machine pressed and plastic bricks, &c. (Free hold).
- The Crown Quay Cement Works, Sittingbourne, Kent, manufacturers of cement and. plaster (leasehold 17 years unexpired).
- The Stone Court Cement Works, Greenhithe; Kent, manufacturers of cement (leasehold 90 years unexpired).
- Little Heath Brickfields, Oxshott, Surrey, manufacturers of red and stud: bricks (freehold).
- The Cambrian Clay Company, Mold, Flintshire, manufacturers of glazed and fire bricks, &a. (leasehold as to about 100 acres, for 85 years unexpired, and as to about 69 acres, for 45 years unexpired).
- Teynham Brickfields, Teynharn, Kent, manufacturers of hand-made stock bricks (Leasehold about 11 years unexpired, with option of renewal for a further term of 14 years).
Messrs. Rushers business has been established for upwards of two hundred years.
Sources of Information
- ↑ Pall Mall Gazette - Tuesday 17 December 1895