of Cooke Street, Hulme, later of Trafford Park, Manchester, electrical and mechanical engineers
Formerly F. H. Royce and Co
1903 Listed as 'Royce Limited. Electrical and mechanical engineers, makers of dynamos, meters, electrically driven cranes and hoists, arc lamps etc. Works - Cooke Street, Hulme. Branch works - Trafford Park' 
1903 Began experiments with motor car manufacture in a corner of his workshop. In the latter half of the year, Royce began producing a 10 hp model with overhead valves. By the spring of 1904 he had produced three cars. 
1904 Of the three cars, which were called Royces and had two-cylinder engines, one was given to Ernest A. Claremont and the other sold to one of the other directors, Henry Edmunds and ultimately to C. S. Rolls. One car was registered as AX 148.
1904 23rd December. Charles Stewart Rolls and Claude Goodman Johnson trading as C. S. Rolls and Co entered into an agreement to market the total output of the company; Rolls would make the bodywork. The cars ranged from a two-cylinder 10 hp chassis to a six-cylinder 30 hp model. 
1906 March. Set up the Rolls-Royce company to produce cars, including acquiring the Cooke Street Works. Royce Ltd continued in business making cranes. In December a share issue funded the acquisition of C. S. Rolls and Co and enlargement of the works
1909 Listed as Royce Limited. "Electrical and mechanical engineers, makers of dynamos, meters, electrically driven cranes, hoists, capstans and winches etc. Registered office and works - Trafford Park Road, Trafford Park, Manchester" 
1909 Electric 'monorail' jib crane for Hawthorn, Leslie and Co., Forth Bank Works
1911 Listed as Royce Limited. "Electrical and mechanical engineers, makers of dynamos, motors, electrically driven cranes, hoists, capstans and winches etc. Registered office and works - Trafford Park Road, Trafford Park, Manchester" 
1922 Manufactured electric cranes, electric capstans, electric winches, electric transporters, D.C. dynamos and motors, electric controllers and switchgear.
1932 Company acquired by Herbert Morris of Loughborough.