Scottish Agricultural Industries
SAI, 35 Charlotte Street, Leith.
1928 Company incorporated to consolidate the fertiliser and feedstuffs industry in Scotland, to acquire:
- Alexander Cross and Sons
- Cross's Chemical Co
- J. and J. Cunningham
- John Miller and Co (Aberdeen)
- Charles Tennant and Co of Carnoustie
- David Wylie and Co
Chairman was Sir Harry McGowan. The merging companies were under contract to sell to [ICI]] a majority of shares in the new company.
Sources of Information
- The Times, Feb 05, 1929
- The Times, Nov 26, 1963