Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,159 pages of information and 233,681 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
of 95 Morrison Street, Glasgow, C5, Scotland. Telephone: Glasgow, South 2100, Cables: "Society, Glasgow, Scotland"
1868 The Scottish Co-operative Wholesale Society (SCWS) was founded to serve the Scottish co-operative movement as a wholesaler. Membership was open only to registered co-operative societies and employees of the society.
1880s During the 1880s, the SCWS extended the principle of co-operative trading further by setting up the first of its many manufacturing enterprises, producing a wide range of products such as polishes, bleaches, insecticides, and disinfectants and a range of pharmaceuticals.
The SCWS headquarters was in Morrison Street in Kingston.
1947 British Industries Fair Advert for the Fish-curing Station, North Esplanade, Aberdeen. Fresh Fish supplied include: Finnan Haddocks; Smoked Fillets; Kippers; Bloaters; Herrings; Fulls; Matfulls and Mattie Selections. (Foodstuffs etc. Section - Earls Court, 1st Floor, Stand No. 729)
1947 British Industries Fair Advert as Manufacturers of Solid Fancy and Imitation Leather Goods and Travelling Requisites; Sports Bags and Cases; Ladies' Handbags; Saddlery and Harness. (Leather Goods Section - Earls Court, 1st Floor, Stand No. 729)
1947 British Industries Fair Advert as Manufacturers of Scottish High-class Woollen and Worsted Piece Goods; Serges; Flannels; Fancy Worsteds; Knitted Outerwear; Underwear Fashioned and Cut; Footwear All Types (Seamless). (Textiles Section - Earls Court, Ground Floor, Stand No. 198) 
By the 1950s, about 75 per cent of its distributive trade was conducted from its warehouses in Glasgow, and it had opened retail branches in many areas not served by one of the city's eight retail co-op societies.