Shrewsbury and Birmingham Railway
The Shrewsbury and Birmingham Railway opened on 12 November 1849.
1844 The company was formed originally as the Shrewsbury and Wolverhampton, Dudley and Birmingham Railway
1847 The line became the Shrewsbury and Birmingham Railway.
When the section from Shrewsbury to Wellington, which was shared with the Shropshire Union Railways and Canal Company, opened on 1 June 1849, the railway began to run trains to and from Oakengates.
The railway finally opened on 12 November 1849
1849 Opened the Stafford Road Works
1854 It merged with the Great Western Railway (GWR) on 1 September 1854.
The line is still used today as the Wolverhampton to Shrewsbury Line.