Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,101 pages of information and 233,633 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
of Donington House, Norfolk Street, Strand, London
1899 The County of Surrey Electrical Power Distribution Co was registered on 19 April.
1904 In March, an agreement was entered into with the British Electric Traction Co, for the acquisition of that company's interest in the authorised tramways and light railways of Croydon and district. The company also supplies the electric light in the parishes of Sutton, Carshalton, Wallington and Cheam. The name was changed to the South Metropolitan Electric Tramways and Lighting Co in August. 
1913 the London and Suburban Traction Co (LSTC), jointly owned by Underground Electric Railways Co and British Electric Traction Co, took over the other privately operated tram company in London, South Metropolitan Electric Tramways.
1918 The County of London Electric Lighting Co had demonstrated interconnection of the Sutton station of the South Metropolitan Electric Tramways and Lighting Co with the electricity company's 2 stations.