Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,535 pages of information and 233,960 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
of Royal Chambers, Queen Street, Cardiff
1900 The company was incorporated by Act of Parliament. 
The original directors of the company were Archibald Hood (chairman), Robert Forrest, W. McLaren, Hugh Watts, Sir R. Sankey and J. Weston-Stevens.
1902 Construction started of the company's first power station at Pontypridd on the banks of the River Taff, one of the earliest central power stations in Britain (presumably this refers to what became known as Upper Boat Power Station); the station would be equipped with 5 generating sets each of 2,250kW, constructed by Willans and Robinson at Rugby, supplied with steam by 24 Niclausse boilers made by Willans and Robinson at Queen's Ferry near Chester; the generators were made by Ganz and Co of Budapest, and would produce 3-phase electricity at 12,000 volts
1904 Commissioned the Treforest Power Station
1923 Company reorganised
by 1930 was owned by the South Wales Power Co which sold the company to the Shropshire, Worcestershire and Staffordshire Electric Power Co