Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 146,913 pages of information and 232,835 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
1890s a separate business was formed as Spillers Nephews for the manufacture of biscuits and cake
1896 Purchased the Phoenix Mills of Messrs. Davidson in Newcastle upon Tyne.
1900 a grain office was opened in London.
1907 Shapes, a coloured biscuit for dogs, was introduced.
Took control of Nicholas Nagle and Co of Manchester.
By 1914 the company was producing 18 varieties of dog biscuits at factories in Cardiff, Bristol, London, Newcastle and Birkenhead.
1916 Head office moved to London
1919 Changed name to Spillers Milling and Associated Industries, which embodied several associated companies.