Steel Company of Canada
1910 The company was formed by the amalgamation of the following:
- Hamilton Steel and Iron Co, Ltd. established in 1896, and operating blast-furnaces and steel works at Hamilton;
- The Montreal Rolling Mills Co, established in 1868, and operating rolling mills and other works at Montreal for the production of bars, wire nails, and other forms of finished steel.
- The Canada Screw Co , Ltd. at Hamilton.
- Dominion Wire Manufacturing Co at Lachine, near Montreal.
- The Canada Bolt and Nut Co, Ltd., with plants at six different points in Ontario.
The capital of the company issued amounted to about 18, 000 000 dollars, in addition to mortgage bonds, of which there were about 8,000,000 dollars outstanding. Part of these securities were held in Great Britain.