Taylor Walker and Co
1730 The brewery that became Taylor Walker & Co was founded in Stepney as Salmon and Hare, and later became Hare and Hartford.
1796 John Taylor acquired Hare's share, and the company took the name Taylor Walker in 1816 when Isaac Walker became a partner.
1823 The brewery moved to Fore Street, Limehouse
1889 Moved into the Barley Mow Brewery.
1901 Acquired John Furze and Co Ltd, St. George's Brewery, Commercial Road, Whitechapel (which had been founded by Joseph Ticknell at Old Castle Street in 1823 and had moved to St. George's Brewery by 1848).
1912 Acquired Highbury Brewery Ltd, 52/54 Holloway Road (which was founded c.1740 by William Willoughby. Became Ufford and Oldershaw c.1840. Registered March 1896 to acquire the business of Frederick Henry and Arthur Selmes Taylor. About 40 public houses.
1927 Acquired Smith, Garrett and Co Ltd, Bow Brewery, 246 Bow Road which had been registered in 1882. The brewery plant was offered for sale on November 8th 1927).
1930 Acquired Cannon Brewery Co Ltd, 160 St. John Street, Clerkenwell (which had acquired Holt and Co, the Marine Brewery, 52 Broad Street, Ratcliffe Road, East Ham in October 1912 with 27 public houses).
1930 Acquired Glenny' Brewery Ltd, Barking Brewery, 18 Linton Road, Barking (which had been founded by 1871. 15 licensed houses).
1959 Taylor Walker & Co was taken over by Ind Coope
The Barley Mow Brewery brewery was closed in 1960 and was taken down in the mid-sixties.
The Barley Mow pub in Limehouse was attached to the brewery, it is now called The Narrow and is owned by Gordon Ramsay Holdings.
1961 Formation of Allied Breweries.
Beer bearing the Taylor Walker name was brewed at the Burton plant of Allied Breweries until the mid 1990s.