British Industrial History
The Engineer 1881/01/28
From Graces Guide
1881 January 28th PDF
- Blowing Engines at the Staveley Ironworks, p064.
- Deaths, p069.
- Editorial, p069.
- Parliament and the Rivers
- Railways as State Property
- Value of Patents
- School of Mines
- Extension of Letters Patent
- Borough Surveyorships
- Electric Light in Its Naval and Military Applications
- Institution of Mechanical Engineers, p062 (Names Listed).
- Jones's Vertical Boiler, p064 (Illustrated).
- Kitchen Boiler Explosions, p064.
- Legal Intelligence - Adairs Patent, p071.
- Staveley Pump Valve, p064 (Illustrated).
- The Indicator, p061 (II)(Illustrated).
- T. R. H. Fisken - Steam Ploughing Tackle, p065 (Illustrated).
- Type Drawings of Sewers, p065, p068 (Illustrated).
- Weight, Specific Gravity, Rates of Absorption, and Capabilities of Standing Heat of Various Building Stones - Hiram A. Cutting, p072 (Table).
Sources of Information